Write for us: Picmaker guest post guidelines
Hi there, 👋
Are you looking to write a guest post on a fast-growing website? And, get some traffic coming your way?
Well, you're in the right place! 😊
Because we love guest bloggers and authors like you. So, we put together this quick guide for you, so you know what to write.
Ready? Let's do it!
What topics do we accept?
Here is a short list of topics that we accept as guest posts:
- Online graphic design - Our primary topic #1
- Do-It-Yourself (DIY) design - Our primary topic #2
- Graphic design for social media - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, etc. Example topic: X ways to design a click-worthy Facebook ad in minutes
- Graphic design for business - logos, email headers, corporate brochures, invoices, marketing proposals, presentations. Example topic: Y reasons why your startup pitch needs eye-catching visuals that catch investors' attention
- Graphic design for education - Certificates, study plans, worksheets, Example topic: Z ways of designing a lesson plan for your students (with real examples)
- Graphic design for everything else - Advertisements, flyers, posters, banners, invitations, T-shirts, stickers, etc. Example topic: How to create a poster for a musical night?
- Other topics - Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. Example topic: X reasons why you should an Instagram post using templates. Or, How to create a YouTube video strategy for your business that gives ROI from Day 1.
Furthermore, we accept all forms of guest posts that align with the above topics. However, if you have a topic in mind other than the above that you feel will add value to our readers, feel free to reach us at the below-mentioned email id (Point #7 - How can you submit?). Don't forget to add reasons to back up your pitch.
To give you a fair idea, here is an example of a guest post on our blog: 7 great ways to use Instagram Stories for Business in 2021
Who is our target audience?
Our target audience consists of:
- Designers (Professional and amateur)
- People who don't know how to design, but need guidance
- Social media executives
- All kinds of marketers (digital marketer, content marketer, etc.)
- Businesspeople who need to design quickly
- Instagrammers (Professional and non-professionals)
- YouTubers (Professional and non-professionals)
- Students looking to create designs for their assignments and projects
- Teachers, professors, lecturers
Wondering how we have so many folks as our target audience? Well, there is not a soul in the world who doesn't need online graphic design software.
What are our guest post writing guidelines?
Here're our writing guidelines:
- Write content that provides our readers with practical and actionable tips, techniques, tools, and strategies.
- Provide readers with advice that they can immediately implement after reading.
- Share unique perspectives and practical experiences on the above topics.
What do we need from you?
Here's what we need from you or the author of the guest blog:
- First name and last name
- A short bio (2-3 sentences)
- Your business email id
- Your picture in PNG or JPEG format or a link to your picture
- Links to your website, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts
- A meta description for the blog in no more than 30 words
- All pictures appropriately Alt-Tagged and arranged in a Google Drive folder (Super important! Without this, it is difficult for us to copy+paste from your Google Docs)
- Google Drive link to the blog post, folder for pictures, and any other collateral you'd like to use
Furthermore, if you're a freelancer, and have a Gmail account, please send us that.
What are the publishing guidelines for a guest post?
Rules? Nah! They're more of guest post guidelines. Guidelines that will help us stick to each other.
Moreover, do keep in mind the below publishing guidelines for your guest post on our website:
- We accept guest posts that are free of charge and not sponsored, i.e., we will not pay you for your guest post.
- Neither do we accept money to publish on our website.
- Write original content. Do not send us plagiarised content or content already published on your website, or written elsewhere.
- The minimum length of your guest post must be 3,000 words (+/- 100 words). Yes - we believe only in long-form content! We may not be able to approve any blogs below this limit.
- All guest posts must be submitted via Google Docs only. We need 'Edit' access to your document.
- We like it when you're organized. For example, arrange all your collateral, i.e., guest post-draft, pictures, charts, etc. in a neat folder on Google Drive. Share the link with us when you're ready.
- Present newer angles to your content, ones that people will thank you for.
- The more you embellish your content, the more we love your work. For example, consider including relevant videos, infographics, screenshots, examples, etc. in your draft.
- Link our older posts related to the topic you're writing about.
- Language and tone - We prefer articles in English, although we will expand in other languages as well. Use a casual tone, and feel free to have a sense of humor, as long as it is respectful, and does not hurt others.
- Cite the source for any data, quotes, images, and third-party content.
- Add one and only one link to your website. You may link to other high-quality and authoritative links in your blog preferably in areas of graphic design.
What else should you remember
Besides, don't forget the following:
- Do not use the guest post to promote your business or your client's.
- Make sure your articles are proofread and do not have typos, mistakes, or grammatical errors.
- We do not believe in spoiling the reader's experience. However, we reserve the right to add links in your guest post to our web pages.
- Refrain from linking to websites in categories such as dating, racing, gaming, betting, adult content, spammy webpages, etc. It will not only result in revoking the guest blog but no further requests will also be entertained.
- We will let you know when your blog is live, and tag you on our social posts. We'd encourage you to share it with your network and followers.
- We read every email. But, it might take a while for us to respond, so, please be patient.
How can you submit your guest post?
Here's how you can submit your guest post pitch:
- Write a mail to us at email@example.com with the subject line: "Guest post."
- Include your details, such as organization and author name, website, email id, etc.
- Your guest post topic and a short summary of what you intend to cover.
We get a ton of mails every day, and we try to respond to each one them. So, please be patient if you have not heard from us for a week. It could be because we're figuring out the right topic.
That's it. All the best with your efforts, and look forward to seeing your awesome posts live on our blog! 🙌